Notable launches at SATTE 2016
This year, SATTE witnessed new launches from participants such as:
1) ONYX Hospitality Group
- The ONYX Hospitality Group launched new properties in the Indian Ocean and South Asian sub-continent. These include Amari Havodda Maldives, OZO Kandy Sri Lanka and upcoming hotels such as Amari Koh Samui and Amari Residences Pattaya in Thailand, Amari Galle in Sri Lanka and OZO Hoi An in Vietnam.
2) Korea Tourism Organization
- Korea Tourism launched the K-smile campaign in relation to the Visit Korea Year 2016-2018. The campaign focuses on creating awareness amongst travelers around the world to revisit Korea, after experiencing the warm hospitality during their visit in South Korea.
3) Iceland & Greenland Travel
- Iceland & Greenland Travel launched a new Northern Lights Program in Iceland, called Aurora Chaser Iceland, searching for northern lights on foot, by bus, by boat and by snowmobile. This exclusive program includes a monster truck tour onto a glacier, a glacier hike, a visit in the world’s largest manmade ice cave and bathing at the amazing geothermal Blue Lagoon.
4) Hong Kong Tourism Board
In 2016, Hong Kong Tourism will have Star Plus’ longest running prime time show ‘Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai’ shooting in Hong Kong.
Will continue to use their digital channels to engage travellers and have a specialist travel trade website tailored for the Indian trade partners at PartnerNet (www.PartnerNet.hktb.com) which provides a business platform for Indian trade to get connected to the Hong Kong suppliers and latest tourism news.
Their Hong Kong Specialist (Specialist.hktb.com) on-line training programme will give practical tips for the trade on what and how to better sell Hong Kong. A “Hong Kong Specialist” e-certificate will be issued to agents who completed the programme with satisfactory results.
5) Dubai Parks and Resorts
- Dubai Parks and Resorts announced the launch of their resort which is slated to commence in October 2016. The Resort will feature motiongate™ Dubai – a unique theme park showcasing some of Hollywood’s most beloved characters from DreamWorks Animation, Sony Pictures Studios and Lionsgate as well as the region’s first LEGOLAND® Park and a LEGOLAND® Water Park. The Resort will also feature Bollywood Parks™ Dubai and the entire destination will be connected by Riverland™ Dubai – a retail, dining and entertainment walkway and guests can stay at the Lapita™ Hotel, a Polynesian-themed resort catering to families
6) Fiji Tourism
- Fiji Airways announced the commencement of direct flights from Singapore to Nadi twice a week effective April 2016. It also announced the introduction of the fourth flight on the Hong Kong – Nadi route.
7) QuadLabs Technologies
-QuadLabs Technologies launched Konnect.travel as an on-demand platform for Travel Agents to manage and run their business along with a marketplace of travel content from global suppliers. This platform will bring all agents and suppliers on a single platform to transact with each other. This will not only make the content available to the agents but will also enable the agents to do a full transaction through the platform.